Top 5 List of nursing shoes that are Slip Resistant
Safety at work is an utmost importance for nurses and other health care professionals. Proper foot wear plays a significant role in preventing slips and falls during a shift especially that requires a lot of walking and sometimes running. Here is a list of shoes nurses can use to avoid slipping that can lead to personal injuries!
Check it out on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Ud312X
This product is produced by CROC, a company that is well known among nurses. This particular brand is designed for those “on-your-feet” professions including chefs, restaurant staff and also for nurses.
· Easy to clean. Can use soap and water and dries easily
· Comfortable and supportive, feels like standing on memory foam
· Affordable (less than $60)
· Works on hospital tiles with no problems
· Does not allow air to circulate and may cause feet to sweat
· The top of the shoe maybe too tight on the toes
· Some buyers describe it as “odd-fitting shoe”, having trouble finding the exact size.
Check it out on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Y51Eo2
Skechers produces numerous designs and styles of the most comfortable shoes that can be used for any activities for all ages. Nurses have also had the chance to enjoy the experience of using this brand of shoes, both on personal and professional standpoint!
· Lightweight and made of fabric material that allows air to circulate
· OSHA compliant rubber soles
· Fits very well and allows expansion
· Comfortable interior, with memory foam
· Great for long shifts
· May not be the shoes if you have plantar fasciitis
· Little ankle support
· Price range is between $40-$110. Maybe quite expensive
Check it out on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3cDajTU
This one is for the guys! Sketchers is also the maker of this design. Offers similar pros and cons with #2 but with addition information.
· Fits very well even without laces
· Provides back support as well
· Maybe extra-squeaky when walking on newly waxed floors
· For those with neuropathy, putting on a pair of socks may feel tighter inside.
Check it out on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3dyrvLO
This brand is from Dansko, a company that produces a wide variety of shoes and clogs with slip-resistant outsoles. Their products has been tested for dry, wet and oily surfaces and have surpassed expectations. Great for all health professionals on the go all the time.
· Even though this is made of leather, the material is soft
· Has roomy toe box, enough space to be able to wiggle your toes
· Has odor control technology
· Provides great comfort
· Easy to clean
· On the higher end with regards to the price
· For those who have wider feet, may feel a little tight on the beginning of use.
Check it out on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2BDFOkd
As we have mentioned before, Skechers make numerous great and comfortable footwear. And this particular brand stands out because of several features: shock-absorbing padded footbed, padded collar, and OSHA-compliant slip-resistant outsole. Great for long hour shifts while your feet are pain still pain free.
· Great for nurses with wide feet. It provides enough space to move around
· Easy to clean
· Not expensive
· Sturdy, yet still comfortable
· Low to mid-price range, between $25-$90
· May cause some feet sweating
In purchasing any shoes that will be used for work, consider design, comfort, what fits your preference, but also, don't forget about SAFETY!!!